Colorcoat Prisma® Relaunch at Jaguar Land Rover, Halewood
What a day! All our supply chain partners, distributors and a room full of contractors all come to hear about the new attributes of Colorcoat Prisma®. Combined with a tour of the Land Rover manufacturing plant, a subsidiary of our parent company Tata Group, and some off-road fun it really was a day not to be missed!
I knew that it was going to be a busy day as the event had already been over subscribed so much that I had to split the day into two groups with one group arriving at 8.30 am and the other at 10.30 am.
The format of the day involved a presentation to relaunch Colorcoat Prisma® with it’s new attributes, a session on the gauge of pre-finished steel and a factory tour and Land Rover off-road experience.
Peter Wilks, General Manager of Corus Colors, welcomed the audience reminding them of our continuous drive for the improvement of the Colorcoat® products that we supply into the market.
Peter Barker – Product Development Manager, then introduced the audience to the new attributes of Colorcoat Prisma®:
With his main points being:-
- An increased Confidex® Guarantee for solid and metallic colours for up to 30 years, and matt colours for up to 25 years – the longest on the market.
- A new colour range which includes 3 new matt colours, chosen to replicate more traditional building materials such as terracotta and slate tiles and weathered copper.
- The comprehensive testing proving outstanding colour retention & corrosion resistance.
- The approvals by both WRAS for cold water use and TUV for PV laminates.
- A double sided capability for buildings with demanding internal environments, rainscreens and rainwater goods where double sided protection is required.
- Standard sizes available on short production lead times.
- Reverse side branding for easy traceability.
- Plus of course all the benefits of our previous offer, including the Galvalloy® metallic substrate for corrosion resistance, and Confidex Sustain® for CarbonNeutral building envelopes.
All of this comprehensively backed up by test evidence and physical results and samples for everyone to see.
Next Joanne Ingham, Marketing Manager UK & Ireland, showed us the new Colorcoat Prisma® colourcard, technical paper, samples, website and an iPhone app. If you have an iPhone you can use the app to view sample colours and specifications, order samples and view existing buildings already using the Colorcoat Prisma® colours. It’s a quick and easy reference tool. Extremely useful for all those attending sat with their iPhone’s on the table!
It seemed that few people were sure exactly what they should be measuring when Ian Clarke, Applications Development Manager, asked the audience to measure the gauge of some samples of pre-finished steel. He demonstrated how some where within the tollerances of EN 10143:2006, how some of the material was under gauge and how the paint coating should always be removed before measurement.
It seems that buying under gauge coil because it is cheaper can have a big impact on the structural performance of a roof and wall cladding system, the video and drop test images certainly demonstrated that.
Feedback on the presentations was excellent and everyone seemed thankful for the tip off on the use of under gauge material and the accident waiting to happen.
After lunch and fully up to date on Colorcoat Prisma® the guests then had a tour of the Land Rover manufacturing site and saw the birth of a Freelander before putting their lives at risk on the off road assault course of ramps, hills, rivers and rocks. An afternoon that everyone enjoyed.
All in all the day itself was a huge success in updating the actual users of Colorcoat Prisma®, such as distributors and cladding contractors and manufacturers, raising awareness of the structural and health and safety implications of the use of under gauge pre-finished steel versus any cost saving and providing a great opportunity for all to network whilst having a bit of fun!