ComFlor® with Colorcoat FD® – A Game Changing Floor Show!
Though it is widely acknowledged as performing a vital structural role in a very wide range of building types, composite floor decking is often perceived as being an unseen, somewhat unglamorous, building component.
Tata Steel ComFlor® with Colorcoat FD® strongly challenges this notion, offering a tremendous opportunity to make an interior feature of the exposed soffit.
Available with ComFlor® 60 and ComFlor® 80 composite floor decking, depending on strength and building performance requirements, Colorcoat FD® uses Colorcoat® pre-finished steel, exclusively from Tata Steel, eliminating the need for post painting. It provides an aesthetically pleasing finish without the need for a false ceiling.
The improved appearance and durability of the pre-finished steel soffit is a perfect choice for structures such as multi-storey car parks.
A fine example of what this innovative approach can achieve can be seen at the multi-storey car park at Union Square Shopping Centre in Aberdeen.
Union Square is one of the largest city centre shopping developments in the UK. Its 200,000 sq. ft. car park can accommodate 1700 vehicles. It features 40,000m2 of ComFlor® 80 with Colorcoat FD® in white, creating a positive impression with many visitors to the complex, whose first point of contact with the development is the car park with its bright internal environment.
ComFlor® with Colorcoat FD® affords a compelling range of benefits: –
- Smooth 25 μm polyester coating giving increased protection to exposed soffits.
- Good formability and durability in exterior applications.
- Topcoat available in white as standard for optimum reflectivity. Other colours available on request.
- Reverse side pre-treatment compatible with concrete.
- Galvanised substrate produced to EN 10346:2009 with a zinc metallic coating, offering very good corrosion resistance.
- A reaction to fire classification of A2-s1, d0 in accordance with EN 1350
- Meets the requirements of Class 0 of the Building Regulations for England and Wales 2006.
Colorcoat FD® is available with a paint adhesion and colour fade project specific warranty of up to 10 years, depending upon exact project details.
Through deck welded shear studs cannot be used with Colorcoat FD®, various alternative fixing options are available, including pre-welding of the beam.
To ensure the integrity of Colorcoat® products, Tata Steel uses laboratory tests to measure their performance against corrosion, effect of chemicals and abrasion. All product testing is carried out in accredited laboratories to international standards.
Please go to http://www.comflor-uk.com/comflor-products/comflor-with-colorcoat-fd/ for more product details, or contact the Colorcoat Connection® helpline on +44 (0)1244 892434 or email email@example.com for further information on Colorcoat FD®.