Home » News

Wrinkly, Crinkly Tin…

17 February 2009 No Comment

Here at Corus we refer to the term ‘pre-finished steel’ when talking about steel (i.e. Colorcoat) for the building envelope. However, i’ve heard many an architect refer to it in different ways – pre-painted steel, OCS, painted steel and Wrinkly (or Crinkly) Tin. I’m interested to hear how you refer to these type of products – post your thoughts in the comments box below…


** Update ** 18/02/2009

Well, i’ve had a few emails about this post now, including a poem sent in about Galvanised Steel….

“I wish I had a little shed
of corrugated iron
Then I would sit within it’s walls
and write poetry like Byron.”

okay, so not pre-finished steel, but worth a comment any way. With reference to galv, i’ve been told these words are also used:

galvanised iron, galvanised steel, corrugated iron, corrugated steel, corrugated zincalume,totong,furrowed iron, wriggly tin and galvy!

All of these seem to have been referenced from..wait for it.. the corrugated iron club… ‘Tin Tabernacles’ is another term i’ve been told is used regarding chapels and churches built in the 1870’s onwards using corrugated iron..

Leave your response!

Add your comment below, or trackback from your own site. You can also subscribe to these comments via RSS.

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This is a Gravatar-enabled weblog. To get your own globally-recognized-avatar, please register at Gravatar.